OVERWHELMED BY FIRST CALL RESOLUTION? DON'T BE!
Welcome to our collection of information & tools that seek to help you measure and improve First Call Resolution in your contact center.
In order to help you get to the right resource as efficiently as possible, select the statement that best describes your need.
Before we go further, here are a couple compelling statements from recent studies on First Call Resolution
"Forty-four percent of participants measuring first contact resolution for more than one year
reported FCR improvement."
- Ascent Group Study Report 2017
"...for every 1 percent improvement in FCR, there is a corresponding 1
percent improvement in customer satisfaction."
- Research and consulting firm Service Quality Measurement Group
The remainder of this page will explore the following approaches to FCR improvement
Before we begin, it is worth mentioning a few of the issues that affect FCR rates in the call center.
- Employee churn – new employees are not as adept as your experienced employees who know your company’s products and services. Adopt employee incentive and motivational programs to retain your valuable people resource
- Training – make sure all agents are adequately trained and invest in special teams to address repeat callers to maintain your customers’ loyalty
- Knowledge – in conjunction with training make sure all product and service updates, company news, changes to processes is immediately communicated to all staff
- Technology - improve routing accuracy through advanced CTI applications and data dips. Enhance the interactive voice response unit (IVR) scripts to make sure that the wording is clear and understandable (do not use company slang words or abbreviations) and the selections are in optimal order (so callers do not opt out prematurely only to call you back again)
- Agent Call Completion – after the agent believes that the transaction is complete it is imperative that the customer be given the opportunity to make changes or updates and agree that the call is indeed complete. The agent should notify the customers that the transaction details are clear, understood and in place. Depending on your business model, the agent must be given sufficient time for after call wrap up work to complete the customer’s request
- Customer Information – in order to not encourage repeat calls, the customer must be given any expected delivery or service dates prior to the completion of the call
In the haste to improve FCR, many organizations make the mistake of measuring too few elements. In order to have a more effective effort, be sure to measure what is beneficial to your customers and for your industry. Today’s advanced contact center technology can assist you in many beneficial ways.
- ACD, IVR and CTI Reports
- Performance by Agent, Agent Group, Department and Site
- Contact Volume by Time of Day, Type of Contact, Site and Channel.
- Performance management and quality monitoring tools
- Automated customer surveys (customer feedback programs are one of the single most important methods to capturing and correcting inadequate processes)
- Agent call work reports
Much like the mistake of measuring too little, a narrow analytical focus can often lead to missed opportunities in improving FCR; make sure to get the most out of your existing data.
- Start with the big picture and observe the trends before digging in
- Identify both positives and negatives—encourage what works and fix what doesn't
- Financial calculations (remember that repeat calls reflect poor service to your customers and significantly decrease revenue)
When seeking to improve FCR, team work is essential to change in the contact center. Shared insight and ownership into both challenges and victories assists greatly in achieving your goals.
- Produce timely reports and alerts that indicate changes, successes and challenges
- Provide team members with the means to learn and collaborate, build on what works and communicate in real time.
- Motivate and retain your valued agents – they are your frontline defense to make your FCR goals
As customer trends change, so do the demands on the contact center. You can maintain and continue to advance your success in obtaining your FCR goals by implementing the data from your completed analysis.
- Employ an iterative system that tracks results over time
- Set Monthly Goals for the organization as a whole and by department
- Invest in agent FCR incentives programs
Your customers will always want to talk with a live agent to address their needs and will continue to utilize the phone to contact you. Achieving FCR is possible and while you are attaining your FCR goals you are combining the very best of business practices. You will automatically improve customer satisfaction and loyalty when that first call is handled properly and the customer is completely satisfied. Other best practices naturally follow like improved quality, service, and cost reductions.
FCR is an important contact center KPI, and a measurement of your operational success. Second Call Treatment, a repeat call tracking process, is another powerful FCR tool. It allows a business to define a second call treatment range, track FCR rates and automatically collect caller information that can be used to determine root causes of problems. Repeat call tracking differs from other FCR measurements because:
- Relies on actual repeat calls and provides FCR information on all calls, not just sample sets.
- Provides all associated information, including agent ID, customer name and number, call times and dates, call reason, call flow (transfers, abandons, etc.), and multi-call correlation.
Click the following to Learn more about Second Call Treatment
Answering the following questions may help you determine if a software approach to FCR improvement will benefit your call center.
Do you have the information you need to effectively perform root cause analysis of the issues that hinder FCR?
Primas' Evolution FCR software provides an easy way to automate measurement of FCR in your call center.
Out of the box reports make it easy for you to understand and positive and negative contributors to your call center's FCR rate - making it easier to pick your battle.
Additionally, Primas' Evolution FCR, exception reports provide the clues you need to investigate performance issues by agent, agent group, department, DNIS as well as customizable ranges.
Do you have a way to track and treat your repeat callers?
Evolution FCR will tell your agents and supervisors about your repeat callers
- In REAL TIME!
- At the time of the call
- Via screen pop to the desktop
This innovative approach to first call resolution allows you to implement a "rubber hits the road" second call treatment plan that enables improvement TODAY!
Think about the impact this can have on your agents, customers and performance!
What if you could alert your agents to the fact that they are receiving
a call from a repeat caller?
Would this change the level of care that caller receives?
What if you could ask your repeat callers the reason for their call?
Would this increase your chances of changing a potential defector into a loyal advocate?
The impact repeat callers have on your call center and business should not be over looked for the following reasons
- First, those repeat callers are having a serious negative impact on the operational efficiency of your call center
- Second, these customers, through their frustration in their difficulty in getting business done with your company, can spread their negative experience in ways that affect your business from top to bottom.
Click the following to learn more about automated FCR improvement with our Evolution FCR turnkey software solution
Primas Evolution FCR is an innovative, enabling solution that helps improve FCR through real-time second call treatment. Learn more about FCR with Evolution FCR
To learn more about FCR and schedule a demo, call now
or use our convenient Contact Form.
To download our free report on FCR... Learn More
Stop the FCR Guess Work! Learn Your FCR Rate in One Week - Create a Free FCR Snapshot Report of Your Operation
Recently published in Telecom Reseller, Primas is offering a free FCR snapshot report. Here’s what you will receive:
- Video with instructions to use free, non-invasive software that automatically collects your data for import into the Primas Evolution FCR™ software solution for analysis.
- Free FCR snapshot report based on your data and operations.
- A benchmark on your operational efficiencies.
Register for your Free FCR Report or contact Primas today at 888-477-4627